2008-08-29

101 posts or how to improve step by step

I started blogging about a year ago and since then I have written 100 posts. And I have read even a lot more posts on other blogs (I guess more than thousand in the last two years).

So a lot of information and I wonder...
  • ...if life is really so complicated that it needs so much learning about it?
  • ...if I need life-long-learning on how to get the right things done right and to be happy with the success? - Maybe the dead people are not dead but just overwhelmed about all the cool stuff they learned an now meditating about it. ;-)
  • ...when I will have time to review all the helpful information?
  • ...how much of all that helpful information I already implemented yet?
  • ...what are the most important next elements to implement into my life?
Fortunately bloggers do write again about older topics providing abstracts, more details or adding some value another way. So they help me in the reviewing process. By all this information out there we often think about information overflow but if you look at the mass of information it helps you finding the more important things by recurring thoughts and tips. So be attentive to patterns showing up while reading news and other information sources.

But I can imagine you also already read a lot of helpful information on the web, so what's next? Consolidation and implementation can be a next step.

My tip:
  1. Think about your biggest and most often occurring concrete problems (can be different ones).
  2. Then think about your general philosophy (how you want to act in general) - your "big picture".
  3. Turn back to your concrete situation and to the concrete problem and try to solve it from the "bigger point of view" - so that it is compliant to your "big picture".
Related posts: Information overflow, Quickly change a habit, Finding the root problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about looking for patterns, a very important skill.

Another approach to solving problems is rather than taking the 'biggest' problem, take the 'easiest to fix' problem and solve it.

So you continually fix the next easiest problem.

Offcourse it depends on whether the problem has a specific deadline associated with it. Which may force a particular approach.